Thursday, June 19, 2008

rosa' ducha nupcial de s


I have this really good friend. She is from Oaxaca, Mexico. I met her when she knocked on my door looking for house cleaning jobs. She speaks very little English. I speak very little Spanish. I think it is a tribute to our friendship that it has transcended the language barrier.

She and her husband have decided to get married in the Catholic church. Yesterday, I threw her a bridal shower. It was a little strange not really knowing what everyone was chattering about, but I got the main gist of the jokes and we laughed a lot.


I choose to use the peony as my theme, because I love them, and they are in season, but also because in Chinese culture, they are the symbol of happiness and prosperity.

I knew I wouldn't be able to coordinate shower games, not speaking Spanish and all, so I decided to have them each scrapbook a page for a album I bought Rosa. I choose Anna Griffin's whimsical papers which have a nice wedding feel to them. They are pretty formal, but the girls broke out the glitter and stickers and in no time, the album was "mexicanized" with bright colors and sparkle. It turned out great.


No comments: