Monday, March 30, 2009

blur

The weekend was a blur. A Bike speeding, children running, cake eating, ink smudging, pool splashing blur.

Our print making class on Saturday was a ton of fun and extremely tiring. Who knew carving lino prints was so much work? Our instructor was Jesus Cruz. You can see his amazing work here.

And here is my first attempt at block printing. I wasn't totally happy with it, but I enjoyed the process and I am excited to have another go at it.


It was also the Redlands Bike Classic this weekend. Professional road bikers competed in several races throughout the weekend. We had a blast standing on the sidelines and cheering them on.


We celebrated Ben's grandma's ninety-second birthday. We told her about our baby girl. She has been asking for years when she is going to get a great-granddaughter. I can't tell you how happy we were to grant that wish.








Redlands Bike Classic Weekend from April Meeker on Vimeo.

3 comments:

DomestiKatie. said...

your life gives me hope that there's a light at the end of this long dark tunnel called "the early twenties".
one day i won't be helping Husbear pay tuition and tearing my hair out while crunching numbers at the end of each month and wishing on every star that we were in a position to own a house, have a baby, to raise a family and make a home.
one day.
i'm powering through until then.
and nannying my little heart out to fill the void.

Sherri said...

What a peaceful weekend. That class sounds really fun!! I spent my weekend in the sky. :)

Anonymous said...

April that video montage was just lovely, really beautiful, thank you for sharing your family and your weekend with us....it is just, I dont know, perfection in its simplest form.
Your little girl is so very lucky to be joining such a loving family..I am so very, very happy for you, for all of you
much love
m