Tuesday, February 15, 2011

vintage love


What is it about vintage items that draws us in? Is it the life that has been rubbed into them?  Is it history? Maybe it's nostalgia. 

I love almost anything vintage. I'm partial to old school supplies, Asian art and mid-century dishware.  My current passion are printed table clothes from the 40's and 50's.

Found a couple unique table clothes on Etsy and made them mine.  I loved the look on Sugar Daddy's face when I opened the package. It was his "what in the Sam hell/I'm not even going to ask" face.  I like to keep him baffled a little at all times.  It's like an old card trick.  Keep them watching the busy hand and work your magic with the other.  He'll catch up with me one of these days, but until then my little debit purchases are bringing the sunshine in.

Here's a few more items I've been circling like a hawk. 

Only $29

























I want to wish a very happy birthday to my mom. The woman who dedicated her life to raising her children. The woman who made dinner every night, careful to keep in mind all the food groups. The woman who cut my sandwiches into hearts on Valentines and died my milk green on St. Patty's.

The woman who gave me my love of crafting.

The woman who is coming on Thursday to watch my children so the Sugar Daddy and I can have a very much needed getaway.

I wish I could come up with a clever and fresh way to say the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

But I can't. So I'll just say, Mom, you rock my world.

1 comment:

jeny said...

Vintage tablecloths were my first love. At a time when it WASN'T cool for a 20 year old to be into such things! I have used them to make pillows and covers for the back of ladder back chairs. The soft texture gets me every time. I also love that clock you listed. Also, Moms are pretty great! Have a great getaway!