Thursday, June 09, 2011

love at first wrinkle


My mother hates linen. She won't wear it, no way no how. But she also irons jeans and bandanas. The woman likes her fabric crisp and flat. She's fairly Victorian that way. And while linen irons like a dream, it also wrinkles like a mad.

Which doesn't bother me one single bit. In fact, I kind of like the way it softens and becomes all flouncy and light. It's character!

I've been drooling over this tunic for some time now.  It's made by a french woman. Of course.



And then there's Pamela Tang in Australia. I mean really. Her stuff is so me I think we might have been separated at birth. Except I can't sew like that. And she's obviously Asian and tiny. But sisters. We could be sisters.




If you didn't watch it when I mentioned it before, do it now. Really.



I madly in love with linen. Now you know why.

photo credits: 1. a firm knock on the door..., 2. Simply Pretty Ringbearer Pillow, 3. Untitled, 4. Untitled, 5. Linen and Lace, 6. coconut buttons and linen, 7. Linen piping trim, 8. linen_linai, 9. smocked linen dress

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wedding dress was linen. It is my favorite fabric.
-Lorie

paperbird said...

i love these images- i just bought a linen dress and although it is dang cute i know that the wrinkles will drive me crazy!

From the Kitchen said...

I grew up in the south and my southern mother (think Driving Miss Daisy) adored linen. When my sisters and I complained about the wrinkles she would say "my dears, that's how one knows its linen". I love linen.

Best,
Bonnie

isabelamyo said...

Linen is a very pleasant material to work and the rendering is always very fabulous !
I'm a fan of this fabric which can lots of variety in texture, fell, but still comfortable to wear and so natural ...
I'm so happy to be here in your lovely blog... :)

Merci
Isabel

Jacq C said...

You know I like clothes, but they don't really thrill me...BUT that top tunic has made me pout! oooooo I want one!!!!! LOL

It always gives me a smile to read your blog, thank you for taking the time to write it :)

Cheers
Jacq

patty said...

loving linen even more after watching this movie...thanks for sharing!
xoxo...
-p